Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Another sleepless night

More strange dreams, this one was vivid and I remember details. I have been awake since 3 am trying to figure out what the hell it means.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare but just weird, how can people from different years in one's life come together into a dream? My ex-wife, my kids, Carol and my stepsons, Jennifer and her kids and my new Dobie (that I will not get until Friday) WTF?

Most nights I seem to sleep just fine but not tonight (this morning), is it being a widower? Is it, is it, is it?

Who knows, but yesterday was a wonderful day and perhaps knowing that the weather today is going to crappy plays. UGH, maybe I can still catch a few winks before sunrise.

Strange, very strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your subconscious is trying to reconcile several different things in your own mind.

My late wife used a supplement called Melatonin to help her sleep. In my early days of widowhood when I couldn't sleep I decided to give that sleep aid a try. It seems to work (for me) and I'm using it still.

Good luck getting some sleep. I find at my age it's tough to get along without a good night's sleep.

Rob

Anonymous said...

A mix of elements like that seems like sorting and filing to me. I find that when I am in the midst of a change in my life, my dreams get weirder (notice the -er, I have weird dreams normally).

The only downside is that they can leave a person feeling not well rested. Melatonin helps a lot with calming the rush of thoughts that can sometimes keep us from getting to sleep, but I don't find it does much about my dreaming. Have you tried writing down what you remember. Might help you sort things better.