Sunday, April 13, 2008

Changes.................

Changes…………widowhood changes us. We all know it but we all move through it differently. I am not the same person I was when Carol died. I have been to Hell and back since she died but I survived and today I can laugh, cry, remember her, cherish her and not feel bad about feeling good about my “new life”.
I know Carol would want me to be happy, and I am trying to do just that. That is what I would want for her if I had died.

The last few months more changes, more changes, I hate change but this is different. Changes that I can handle from day to day. Just tiny little things such as better weather, less stress, more music, spring blossoms, new friends, letting go of certain things in my life and a new person that can put up with the likes of me, Prayers answered?

I have a new female in my life, her name is Jennifer and she makes me laugh more than ever since Carol died and that is a change I like. Remember I hate change but I need to roll with this……it is different. She is a very special, a caring Lady that somehow “gets” me, and for that I am grateful.

So, my point is change is not always bad (other than losing our spouse) but for now I will enjoy this new change in my life……



There it is, it for the whole world to see but especially for you Jennifer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,

I could have written that first paragraph of your post (and I may have at some time, somewhere, I think), so I "get" where you're coming from.

Best wishes on your new relationship. We all know that life is short and filled with unexpected occurrences. In my opinion, we have to make the best of we have been given. These are some of the hardest lessons I've ever had to learn, but I owe it to my late wife to fully live life. It's what she wanted for me. And, as you say, I would have wanted that for her had our fates been reversed.

Take care dude.