Thursday, April 03, 2008

Time marches on!!!!


Not sleeping well again, not sure why, is it grief? Wish I knew, I wake up wondering lately. I wonder and try to figure it out. When Carol first died, I found myself sleepless often but always found someone to chat with even in the wee hours of the night.


Those people are gone from my life and I wish them the best, perhaps their grief has past. I sometimes wonder why people whom comforted us after our loss just go away, but they do. Many of the people that helped me through my early grief have just gone from my life. I grieve losing them; they really helped me through my darkest hours.


This time last year I was meeting my former SO in the place we first met, just about halfway geographically at the time. Memories I will never forget…..all good memories.


Fast forward to today, that is gone and I have a new SO, I love her and am hopeful for a future with her. We laugh, we cry, mostly we laugh, she is wonderful. My biggest concern is that while I am going to hit four years soon, she is a bit behind me time wise in her grief. I just think time will tell….but as widowed I think we are all hopeful….I am hopefull.

Ron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleeplessness can become a learned thing. You were under stress with Carol's death and didn't sleep. Now your body knows not to sleep when big stresses hit.

People come into our lives when they are needed and go when they are not any longer. Not everyone is meant to stay. Perhaps they wonder about you too. Send them an email.

Don't worry about being ahead of or behind someone in terms of years out. It's not the length of time but how it was spent. Rob is behind me a bit and I have seen him struggle with things I have already gone through but it hasn't effected the core of our relationship/bond/love.

Oh, and Rob's blog link:
http://tomeoftheunknownblogger.wordpress.com/

Blue Eyes Crying said...

Hi Annie
I added a link to Rob's blog, thanks for the link, damn I couudn't find it... Widow Brain or at least that is my claim, LOL.

You are right, I should try to connect with some of the people that helped me in my darkest hours.

Take care,

Ron