Monday, April 07, 2008

Stupid lawnmower!!!

I posted the following on the YWBB:

"Yesterday, I rolled out the riding mower that we bought right after we got married and engage the mowing deck and SNAP the belt breaks. I put it back in the garage and go in search of the owner’s manual. I determined that trying to fix it myself was out of the question.

I look at the receipt, and a flood of emotions rolls out. I could see Carol driving the stupid thing around the yard and court with glee, she wouldn’t mow but she sure enjoyed driving the damned thing. Now the mower is in the shop and if I am lucky I will get back in (drum roll) a month.

The grief or just the memories really choked me up, she died almost four years ago and silly things can still kick me in gut.

Stupid lawn mower did it this time."

GRIEF SUCKS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad time of year to need to take a lawn mower in. Everyone is getting theirs ready for the never ending mowing season.

At least the memory is a happy one in a way. I don't mind the happy ones.