Monday, February 04, 2008

I did the right thing!!!

It was really not a big deal but it made me feel good. I was on my way to see my new love interest Saturday and although the main roads were plowed and clear, I came upon an accident where few would stop and help.

A woman had skidded off the road and was stuck, and the few people that stopped to assist didn't have anything that would help this poor woman. I DID have the one thing she needed, a truck with 4WD. So I provided the "ponies" and with a tow strap, "we" dragged her car from the ditch. I say "we" because there were others that helped.

The other people that stopped to help all had regular cars that would never have pulled her from the ditch but they stopped to help, a minority but they did stop. I was appalled at all the 4 WD's that just drove by.

In the end, I stayed about 30 minutes but ya know what, it felt really good when I drove away knowing I did the right thing. I cannot believe the number of others that "could" have helped just drove by. OK I admit it was fun driving around in 4WL draggin a car outa the ditch, IMA guy, LOL.

I would do it again and again, because it's the right thing. Next time you see someone in need, please do the right thing and help them out. I am sure you will be repaid 20 times over.

Ron

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,

i had something similar a few years ago.

Two elderly couples were in an accident at a junction. Cars in the middle of the road etc.

First thing I did was stop, get out and make sure they were OK.

As the cars were stuck in the road (broken glass everywhere etc), I did my best to clear up teh glass with my feet and called the police/ambulance (these guys were in their 70's).

The reason why I remember it so vividly, was as the traffic started to filter through, one guy (maybe 30'ish) shouted at me what a crap job I was doing at redirecting the traffic!

Made me shake my head in disbelief!

Good for you though - help folks whenever you can.

Good karma and all that & it has a side benefit that it makes you feel good too!

Anonymous said...

I live in the country and we live and breathe that stuff.

We help and get helped.

It's the only way to go!

Nice of you to do so.

Anja

Anonymous said...

God bless you Ron.