Friday, February 08, 2008

Job offer of sorts

Yesterday, I received a phone call from a guy that buys and sells investment properties. He has some pretty deep pockets and he wants me to "help him". He is exploiting the foreclosure market, which I have also considered myself.


I have no respect for the man as I think he would cheat his own mother if it meant another dollar in his pocket. I told him I would think about his offer and I did. Upon reflection and a good night of sleep, my answer came very easy. NO!!!!! I will not help him because he lies, cheats and steals for personal gain.


I do want to thank him however for putting my brain in gear. I know some ethical investors that might be in the same boat. Time to make some phone calls.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am a real estate appraiser and I find myself strongly cautioning people who are starting off in the foreclosure and/or flipping market. It is a tough market out there-especially the midwest- and I have seen a lot of people end up with a whole lot of house, that they sunk money into...and no interest. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Anonymous said...

It seems that you have a good business sense...very conservative.

With that, I would take the risk..but only if you have thought it through....looked at it from every angle.

And protect your own assets, of course.

Good luck,
Anja