Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Don't speed in Illinois

I was unlucky enough to get a speeding ticket in Illinois last week. A fine member of the Illinois State Police using a Laser Gun just happened to nail me doing 80 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. The fine is not that bad, $75.00 but in order to avoid points they are requiring "driving school".

I have three choices, (A) just pay the fine and take the points. (B) Admit guilt, attend said "driving school" and they will not assess points or (C) ask for a trial (Yeah, right).

So the hassle is trying to figure out how to fulfill the damned "driving school" requirements without driving back to Illinois. Now I must talk to the prosecutor in the county where I got nailed to see if I can take an approved course online, or take on locally that they will honor.

Don’t speed in Illinois!!!!!!! What a pain in the ass.

No comments: