Tuesday, November 13, 2007

End of a relationship

Well, it happened, the relationship I was in is over. I won’t share any details because that is private. None the less it is over and there is nothing I can do about it, I cannot change other’s feelings. Rejections sucks, a kick in the gut I didn’t see coming.

It really sucks because now I must grieve yet another loss in my life. I had such hopes that were just taken away by a phone call.

So now what? As today progressed I had to come up with a self-preservation/sanity plan. I have one of sorts which I am sure will evolve as time marches on.

Rules of my plan
1) Allow myself to grieve this loss.
2) Be selfish for a change (Do not offer support that sucks the life out of ME)
3) See a counselor (Thank God my church offers it for free) I unload for the first time this Friday (Ironic, the day I was heading off to see her).
4) Get my body in better shape (getting bike fixed so I can actually ride it), walk one mile per day (gunna suck in the cold but oh well), going to work on “six pack” abs (and not the kind you get from Corona, LOL)
5) Plan carefully and stick to a schedule that allows productivity and fun things
6) Dig through music collection and find uplifting music to listen to.

It is not perfect, but it is a start. It sure as hell beats a pity party or pining after someone who no longer wishes to have a relationship. I CAN DO THIS!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!

4 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

I am so sorry for your most recent loss. My heart aches for you.

Sally

Suzann said...

so sorry - you have a plan - another loss is so difficult - work your plan.

Anonymous said...

Ron, I will be thinking of you during this sad time. Another loss ... it's so hard.

Sending you caring thoughts from Chicago ...

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ron, I am sorry for you aswell..

When it's a one way street RL and you throw in distance...it's almost impossible.

Maybe when the time is right, who knows??

Anja