Thursday, January 17, 2008

I would give anything...........

A fellow blogger has been chronicling her struggles as a single parent. I understand that must be a tall order. I sympathize with her plight.


During my marriage to Carol, my youngest stepson put us through hell. He was constantly in trouble at school and with the law. We stood together and dealt with him and his bad behavior. It took lots of patience but with some stiff discipline and counseling his behavior improved. It was a team effort and there were times when either one of us was at the end of our respective ropes, we had the other to lean on.


I would give anything to go back in time and do it all over again. In fact, there was a point after Carol’s death that I seriously contemplated doing it again. I do think that being a positive force in shaping kids is something that brings me personal satisfaction.


Perhaps one day, I will have that opportunity again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The big brother program is a wonderful thing.

Angelique