Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday evening in the ER

As some know, I am still fighting bronchitis. This morning when I woke up my chest felt tight, I blew it off as caused by coughing during the night. I took it easy but noticed just a lap around the house and I was having a hard time breathing.

I finally knew I was in trouble and had my neighbor drive me to the ER about 6:00 PM. After hours of needles, IV drugs, X-rays, EKGs, well you get the idea, they sent me home with prescriptions and instructions to follow up with my MD Monday.

I am not complaining, although I am sure it sounds like but I just cannot seem to shake this illness. What is most troublesome for me is that people die from this. I am not that old and am still told it kills people that have otherwise been healthy.

I just want to get well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay in bed and get some rest today. What you need is some hot chicken soup and someone to snuggle up.

Laura said...

Please get lots of rest and try to exercise your lungs with as deep a breath as you can take. Staph induced pneumomia (thanks hospital OR)almost took my life 3 years ago and it is very easy for a bug to get a hold of you. I'll keep you in my thoughts.