Saturday, January 12, 2008

Looks like I dodged a bullet

I had an ultrasound done this morning, they suspected gall stones. They scanned my kidneys, pancreas, liver, gall bladder and maybe a few other parts I forgot. I just got off the phone with my doctor and all my parts looked normal. No gall stones!!!! Looks like my plumbing is all in good shape.

Since I am still weak and sick after two rounds of antibiotics, the doctor thinks I have some kind of super virus. More bed rest, lots of fluids, and eat as much as I can. The nausea and diarrhea are gone so I should be able to gain back some of the weight I lost.

I will be grateful when I have my health back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron,
You posted a question as to whether any one reads your posts, well this widow did. It's Friday (SUCKS) night and I spent it reading your posts from beginning to end. I have been feeling "lost puppy" lost and what you wrote has sincerely helped. I have been trying to regain, rebuild who I am now by trying to look at life through a much more positive attitude outlook. It's difficult. It really helped reading a mans thoughts and struggles. Not very many men post on the young widow board. Wow congrats on quitting smoking!. I have not even attempted it, as I continue to use the excuse that I have way too many stressors in my life to even consider it. I hope you continue with your blog. I will continue reading it and will attempt to post comments. I am not able to afford therapy so if you will continue to post what you are learning from it, maybe it can help me with my healing. By the way I prefer sucks to stinks too.
Thanks for getting me through this bad night. I hope you will be feeling better soon, sounds like it's been rough for you. I deal with back pain and I know when you feel icky it can really get you down. I'll say my prayers for you.
From one blue eyed 48 year old sag to another-take care and keep posting.