Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's funny how little things can make us feel good.

My neighbor's daughter knocks on my door this morning around 7:30 in a panic. She was late for class and couldn't get the garage door down. I grab my coat and assure her it will be fine.

It was really a minor problem and I had the door down quickly (thankfully because it was cold). Anyway, she thanked me and sped away. It made me feel good to help someone.

I know it sounds a bit silly but I am fortunate that I pretty good at fixing mechanical problems and it feels good when friends, neighbors and relatives call on me when something is broken.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yes, helping people is a great feeling. I was at a grief group tonight and was able to chat with a woman coming up on her first anniversary. She seemed so relieved to know that many of her experiences and feelings had been shared by me and Rob. It was nice being able to reassure her and let her have talk time, just listen to her. One thing I miss about the board is being able to share experiences with someone not as far out.