Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sick of being sick

Had to cancel my appointment with the therapist today. Yesterday, after just a few bites of soup I felt sick to my stomach. Needless to say, I spent some time hugging the toilet, then comes the diarrhea .
I just returned from the doctor and lab. I feel like hell and it has been 26 hours since I have eaten. I am going to stick with water and broth for the time being. Hopefully getting some rest will help me get better.
I have got to heal from this string of illnesses. I have been sick now for an entire month and I am sick of being sick. Enough is enough.


Edited to add: My Doc called and it seems some of the lab results point towards gall stones. Elevated bile in the urine and liver enzymes are elevated too. More tests in the next few days. Ultrasound of the gall bladder and liver, what fun.

1 comment:

Ann said...

The ultra sound is pretty easy and doesn't take too much time. If it is your gallbladder and they can take it out laproscopically than you should recover in a week or two but don't try to eat too much too soon. It can take a while to get back to being able to eat and even then you might have to modify your diet.

I had my gallbladder out a bit over a year ago after months of horrible stomach pain and a lot of lost weight. It was about 6months before I could really eat again and even now, I can't do fatty or oily things. Can't eat meat at all. Pretty much had to give up spicy and citrus. But I have food allergies too, so you will probably fare better.

Good luck!