Thursday, December 27, 2007

Amazing revelations

I just got home from seeing my therapist. The hypnotherapy was surreal for me, I have never been hypnotized and it was strange. I "think" I was aware of the entire session.

I will only share in generalities because of the personal nature of the issues. Things that did not surprise me were anger and bitterness surrounding my divorce.

I was shocked to learn I have issues from my childhood that I never resolved. I also have trust issues among others. I recall towards the end, I heard a voice (the therapist, DUH) making suggestive statements for each of the revealed issues. Very strange, the awareness yet almost like a dream. It really was an amazing experience.

She gave me more "homework" and said eventually she can teach me self-hypnosis. She also suggested that I quit taking two of the drugs I am taking, and I agreed. In all my 48 years I have never allowed anyone to tinker "under my hood", wish I had done this years ago.

No comments: