Monday, December 03, 2007

She gave me her phone number........

Earlier today I posted this on the YWBB:

I guess being a “Gentleman” must turn women on. I had lunch at the “Bread Company” today, as I approached the door a group of women were behind me so I hold the door for them, no big deal right. I get in line, get my food, sit down and this women seated at the table next to me says “you are such a gentleman”, I must have had that “Huh?” look on my face. Then she says “you held the door for me, that is so sweet”, I say “no problem”, she says, “Hi, my name is Deb”.

The next thing I know, I am telling her I am widower. I normally don’t tell strangers that I am widowed, but it just came out during the conversation. I learn that she is 40, divorced 5 years and she thinks most men are pigs. I laughed (almost choked on my sandwich) when she said that because it is true.

Anyway, lunch is over, I am getting ready to leave and she hands me her business card and says “If you want to hold the door for me again, give me a call”. I get the “deer in the headlights” look, I said OK and nearly ran out of the place. I was sweating when I got to my truck, thinking WTF just happened, so I look at the card closely, job title is “Personnel Manager”. I laugh and figure “hell, maybe she would hire me”.

I must admit she was attractive and SHE “hit on me”, wow. I don’t know if I should call her or not. Now I have sweaty palms. The last time a woman “hit on me”, I married her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I did call her tonight and we talked for almost an hour. I must admit it is an ego booster to know that at least one woman finds me attractive. I must admit she IS attractive. I must admit I have no idea what will happen or if it will go anywhere or not but.......

We are either going to have lunch later this week or do something next Sunday or maybe both. I don't have any specific expectations other than have fun and enjoy "whatever" happens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a widower myself (and younger then yourself) I've learned many women think our maritial status gives us some special virtues (which is of course bullshit).

I've known women that would hardly give me a second glance before now paying me sll sorts of attention Use your new found powers wisely and you will find the right one, if that's what your looking for.

A fellow Widower