Tuesday, December 25, 2007

How is your blood pressure?

I had to see a doctor a few days back because I was sick, ended up I had a severe URI. You know the drill, one thing they always check is your blood pressure, mine was 129/95. The nurse said the low number was too high.

I start thinking that my blood pressure at every doctor visit was always too high. When I filled my prescription, I bought a machine to check it at home. Today it was 119/75, better than average. I was pleased.

Anyway, they call high blood pressure the silent killer. I will check mine often. I hope if even one person with high blood pressure reads this and starts checking theirs often, perhaps I will have helped save a life with a blog post.

Do you know what your blood pressure is and what it should be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

High blood pressure killed my husband. Your wise to have it checked.

Barbie