Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Let Life's Richness Flow

Tomorrow, I see my new therapist again. Part of my homework was to "find" positive things anywhere I could. I found this and will bring it to my appointment tomorrow. Maybe it will help you too.


Accomplishment comes when you allow it. Fulfillment comes when you allow it.
Worry, resentment, anger, envy and fear all serve to prevent your best possibilities from being realized. The more you learn to let go of the negative influences, the more easily and naturally will the richness of life flow through you.
How many worthwhile and fulfilling experiences have you missed because you were worried about what others might think? How many precious days have you wasted by being filled with resentment or fear?
You have so many beautiful places to go. There are so many valuable and fulfilling things you can do.
Begin today to more faithfully follow those bright and shining purposes that are deep within you. Let the negative, limiting thoughts and perceptions fall quietly and uneventfully away from you as quickly as they come.
Open your spirit, and allow your most beautiful possibilities to come to life. Remember who you truly are, and let life's richness flow.
-- Ralph Marston

1 comment:

Rob said...

Ron,

I truly hope that your therapist session today goes well.

That's an excellent piece by Marston that you've posted. I've never seen this particular piece before, yet these are ideas that I've been incorporating into my own life for quite a while - even well before my late wife was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. When I decided that I was no longer going to put myself in the company of negative people (anyone who "brings me down"), it meant isolating myself from many of my own family members. But such are the difficult choices one makes when one is seeking to preserve and enhance one's self.

I guess I could say that since my late wife's passing, I've pretty much implemented the rest of this in my own life.

I may have even made an attempt to convey thoughts and ideas like these in postes during my days as a member of the widow board. In my opinion, as widoweds we either accept ideas such as these - and act upon them - or reject them. The latter, I think, usually leads to a life of "being stuck" and, more often than not, that results in a bitter, unhappy and lonely life.

Yes, losing your spouse sucks. Yes, it is unfair. And yes, it can make life very hard to live. But being widowed is not the end of our lives, though. And, although we carry the scars of our loss, we can carry them forward into some semblance of a "good" life.

This is what my late wife wished for me on her deathbed. And this has coloured the attitude with which I approach life and the choices I have made.

Has it been easy? Hell, no. Has it been worth it? I think so.

That you are thinking about these ideas now, I think, is a good sign for you Ron. If you can grasp onto these ideals, accept them, and live them, perhaps you can lay some of that restlessness to bed.

As always, I wish you well.
Rob