Friday, December 07, 2007

Bah Humbug

I just cannot muster any holiday spirit this year. My son and DIL don't seem to want to make the trip to St. Louis during their visit to Missouri. They have asked that I come see them at DIL's parents. That simply is not going to happen. If I am going to be at the bottom of the food chain then that is the way it is but I won't be used. If they want to see me, they will come and if they don't, it is their loss.

Last Christmas was wonderful. I spent the holidays with the love of my life and it was the best Christmas since Carol died. I was smitten, madly in love, head over heals, walk a million miles in love. Sadly that ended but that feeling of loving and being loved sure makes us feel good.

For now, I just cannot wait for 2008. It seems each year following Carol's death brings new surprises, some good and some not so much. I just hope 2008 brings more smiles than the last three, I have had enough heartache this year. BAH HUMBUG.

No comments: