Sunday, December 16, 2007

Boring post

NOT smoking is getting easier. Well, not easier but different. I know that having people that care giving encouragement is helping.

Later today, I will join the masses at the mall to finish Christmas shopping. This will be my first mall experience that WILL NOT include joining the smokers huddled around that stinky outdoor ashtray.

I warned you in the post title this is boring. I am guessing the few people that read this can not relate to the enormous emotional effort quiting nicotine takes (or should I say IS taking). I sometimes take it one minute at a time. The important thing for me is that I am no longer a smoker.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Ron,

Boring or not, I admire and encourage your resolve in kicking the nicotine addiction. I was never a smoker myself (just couldn't cotton on to it - thankfully) but my dad was never able to give it up (don't think he wanted to, though).

Anyway, keep with it. It'll be worth it in the long run, I think. Have you noticed any of the things returning like I've read about? Like sense of taste for food?

Good luck at the mall. Avoid those places like the plague myself - whenever I can, that is.

Take care.
Rob