Monday, December 10, 2007

What is wrong with me?

I have a beautiful 40 YO chasing after me and I really don't care. Before I met Carol and after my divorce I would have nailed her just because I could. Don't get me wrong she is not a slut, she just seems to be more into me than I care for at the moment.

For now, I have found refuse in music from my past. I am talking about my wild days, we are talking about Ted Nugent, April Wine, KISS, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, Molly Hatchet, you name it, I am back there living it.

In my wild days, I loved drag racing (street racing), hanging out with guys that also raced and taking advantage of any girl that was willing. I am too damned old to even think like that anymore, or am I. WTF, I am single I still like loud machines and loud music. Maybe I should just let the 40 YO have her way with me.

That is where I have changed. In my youth, I had no problem just f*&ing chicks and dumping them. Looking back I was a real bastard, I am not that guy and have no desire to be him. I still like loud machines and music but have learned to treat females with respect.

I really like the guy I have become. Yes, I have faults but I have treated the females in my life well in the last 20 years. For now Deb will just have to do without me, but HOT DAMN I can play my music loud and relive my wild and crazy past with Rockers that are probably in their rockers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like MY kind of music!!

Rob said...

Ron,

Interesting post. Personally, I find that music associates with different times in my life. When I listen to that music, it can transport me back to the times associated with it. I wrote a little about it on a blog I share with respect to music from my deepest grieving times, from my healing times, and my finding new love times.

I guess I would comment that listening to the old tunes from your youth may be stirring up things that are causing a bit of internal conflict for you. Maybe you could embrace some new music? I don't mean you have to give the loud and raucous. I can tell you that I get many funny looks when I'm driving in my truck and listening to Eminem, Tool or the Offspring at maximum volume. I am, after all, on the far side of 40 nowadays. Newer music can be good too. And the stuff I've listened to since my late wife's passing is not associated with any sad memories.

Just a thought.

Rob

PS: April Wine? What vintage? When I was much much younger, early April Wine was hardly rock - we tended to refer to it as "tail" music....if you get my meaning. ;-)