Friday, December 28, 2007

I need to stop living in the past.

For sometime now, I have been trying to live in the past. Stay connected to things that were good. The past is just that, the past. I consider each year a chapter in our lives.

After Carol died, I got stuck and stayed stuck. Some good, some not so much. As 2008 approaches, it will began another chapter in my life.

I have already made many positive changes in my life and that will continue. I am not saying I want to forget the last three and half years, but I will tuck them away neatly and embrace 2008 with a new attitude. I will embrace the new year with anticipation of the many good things that can happen.

2008 will be what I make it.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Ron,

Just letting you know that I'm following along - reading your blog - in support of your efforts to reclaim and rebuild.

Some key advice I received after my late wife died came from my younger sister. She's widowed and was nearly 7 years out at the time. Her advice was short and to the point. "Don't get stuck." And she knows of what she speaks. She has made some progress in the last year or so, but still has a ways to go.

The initiative to make changes is good. The trick, I think, is in sustaining the changes. But I think I read some where that if you do (or don't do) something every day for 30 days it becomes a habit. Something like that anyways. So stick with it.

Not only will 2008 be what you make of it, but your life will be what you make of it.

Best wishes for 2008 and beyond.
Take care.
Rob