Saturday, December 29, 2007

This was fun -- NOT

I passed out three times today. The first time it happened I thought I had tripped on something. The second, I was thinking WTF? Then I stopped by my mothers to drop something off and I passed out again crashing into her kitchen table and chairs. Almost scared the poor women to death.

I figured out that each time I was briefly aware of being dizzy and then WHAM. I also recall that each time I had been sitting and it happened when I stood up. I suspected it somehow related to a medication, so I went on a mission to find out if that was it. The culprit, the nicotine patches I just started wearing.

For now I must be careful when I stand up, but the patch is working and for that I a grateful.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Yikes! Glad you weren't doing something like driving during these episodes! Hopefully you've figured out the cause and are compensating accordingly.

Kinda reminds me, though, of when I first tried Copenhagen. Same thing happened to me. In retrospect, I'm glad I wasn't tenacious enough to really establish that habit.

Cheers!
Rob

Laura said...

They did that to my husband as well. I went through all sorts of scary scenarios and then it ended up being the patch.